Hey guys! Hopefully you have all been enjoying your summer and in its last few weeks, (yuck school, don’t remind me) I thought I’d share some of the lipsticks and glosses I’ve been wearing a lot lately. Summer is the best time to experiment with brighter colors!
Today I’m going to talk about Burts Bees lipstick and one of their glosses, two Laura Geller lipsticks and an ELF lipstick! 3/5 of these are from the drugstore and everything is afforable.
1. First up, Laura Geller lipstick in the color Coral. Coral is such a summery and perfect shade! I love this lipstick because it gives a nice shiny finish without any weight on the lips. The color payoff is sheer, but I think it is really subtle and gorgeous. If you are looking to dip your toe into coral lipstick I would recommend this one because it is sheer and super easy to work with. It also has SPF 15 which is great for when you are relaxing by the pool. Sunburns on your lips are the absolute worst! I’d definitely consider this a summer favorite of mine and wear it when I’m out and about near the lake or with a white summery dress and need a bit of color.
2. Burts bees lipgloss (the tube doesn’t have the color name on it!). This looks so bright and shimmery in the tube, but it actually goes on so much sheerer for a beautiful reddish berry colored tint. If you are not a gloss girl but want a little sheen to complete the look, then I would recommend these burts bees glosses. This company seriously has the most moisturizing lip glosses I have ever tried. It also isn’t sticky either which is a huge stumbling block for a lot of glosses that I own or have tried. I really don’t like sticky glosses or drying ones, and had stopped wearing lip gloss for a long time. Even though I normally stick to lipstick I think these are definitely worth buying.
3. ELF lip crayon in Rich Red – this was such a great find in the drugstore, I use it often and really like it. It isn’t drying and has a satiny finish that isn’t matte but definitely isn’t shimmery at all. The color was not rich red, but instead this cute hot pink, which although it was not at all what I was looking for, it was a pretty color. For a summery pop of color on my lips I will swipe this on, and it is pretty long lasting for a lipstick that cost me less than $7.
4. Burts bees lipstick in 501 Blush Basin – I’ve already talked about this product in depth in my My 2016 July beauty favorites! If you haven’t read that post then I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy it! This lipstick is so moisturizing, creamy and feels amazing on my lips. It feels like a lip balm, but with gorgeous color. It doesn’t go on sheer, with this one, what you see in the tube is what you’ll get on your lips. It is such a pretty pinky nude color and looks so great on fairer skin tones especially. The finish is satiny and a little bit shiny, not as shiny as a gloss though!
5. Last one! This one is the Laura Geller lipstick in the color Berry. I love wearing this shade in August and even into September as well as summer. It is a great transition into the burgundy and gorgeous plum lip colors of the fall! I love how buttery and nice it feels on my lips, I could wear this all day. It is sheerer that what is in the tube but I think it’s a perfecpt subtle berry pop of color that would pair nicely brown and gold eyeshadow with some black eyeliner. It really has a sheen like you’ve just eaten blackberries or dark cherries and now have that pretty colored stain on your lips.
Tip – Don’t wear shiny, sticky lip gloss to the beach – go with a matte – your hair and/or sand will get stuck in your gloss.
Swatches from left to right – Laura Geller coral, burts bees lip gloss, elf lipstick, burts bees lipstick, Laura Geller berry color.
Thats all for the summer lip products that I’ve been wearing lately! What lipstick color are you drawn to for summer time? Comment down below and like this post if you enjoyed it.
— Hailey 💄